—> Recipe at End <—
How do I get started? It is a very common question for anyone considering a plant-based vegan way of living, and a good one at that. Trying something new can be a little overwhelming. I completely understand and am here to help you every step of the way.
Notice the word “transitioning” because that is exactly the best way to do it. Do you remember the fable “the turtle and the hare”? Slow and steady always wins the race, always!
I’m guessing that you want this lifestyle change to last and be something that you can stick with. If so, then you don’t want to get burned out by trying to do too much too fast. Pace yourself, listen to your body, and learn from it as you ease and transition into a healthier and more active lifestyle. Here are a few key steps to help calm the process and make the transformation more enjoyable.
1. Don’t Throw Anything Out. Please, please, please, do not clean out your cupboards and pantries. You are transitioning right? Plus, that food will still be useful for entertaining family and friends who have not transitioned once you fully adjust and commit to better health.
2. Research, Research, Research. This is the fun part. Look for recipes and ideas that interest you. Copy then, cut them out, and do whatever it takes to build your catalog.
3. Start Planning. Scan your kitchen for the things that you already have before you go out and buy anything else. It is only after you have completed your inventory that you should begin creating a list of things that you need.
4. Start Small. Don’t feel obligated to do everything at once. Start small and work your way up. Just like your mind, your taste buds have to adjust to the process. Buy a few things here and there as you slowly build on your staples while also expanding your palate.
5. Try New Things. Don’t be afraid to experiment in the kitchen and in life. Feel free to adjust recipes and ingredients to personalize them and the experience. No two people are alike, so it is important that you find out exactly what works best for you.
6. Have Fun. Improving your health is not going to happen overnight. Try to remember that this transformation is a process and just enjoy it. Be calm and learn to appreciate the journey as you body, mind, and soul cleanse and restore themselves back to their optimal and peak performance levels.
Servings: 8-10 Cook Time: 60 minutes (prep included)
• 1 ½ cup Spelt Flour
• 1 cup Sparkling Water
• 1/3 cup Agave Syrup
• 1/3 cup soaked Walnuts
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• 1 tsp. clove powder
• 1 Plantain
• 1 Banana
• Shredded Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Blend or process the banana, plantain, and walnuts until they are completely mashed and soft.
3. In a large bowl, combine and mix the spelt flour and sparkling water to make a batter.
4. Add sea salt, clove powder and agave syrup to the batter and mix.
5. Grease the bread pan with grape seed oil.
6. Pour batter in pan and bake for approximately 45mins.
7. Let set for a 10 -15 minutes, then you can cut and enjoy it.
Garnish with fresh fruit, shredded coconut, and more agave syrup if needed.