—> Recipe At End <—
It has been a really long time since I have been so excited about something and it feels great! I feel like a kid again learning to cook for the first time. Fairly comfortable in the kitchen, I have always loved and enjoyed making food. There is something exciting about having limited ingredients and challenging myself to make healthy and healing meals that both look and taste yummy. Making these meals exhilarates me. And believe you me, it has to look good (we do eat with our eyes first you know!).
Food has always been my friend; now we just have better, more balanced relationship. Now after a meal, I get a burst of energy unlike before where I would get sleepy and unmotivated. Filling up now makes me feel like I can run a marathon for a quick hot second LOL (just a feeling now but who knows what the future might hold). Overall, I feel more focused and balanced since I converted to plant-based foods. I have more energy now, and my skin and hair look amazing. My point is that I feel great, the best I have felt in forever and I want this feeling for everybody.
It’s only been a few months, so I’m still very new to this. Again, I welcome any advice and experiences from anyone with a little knowledge or just plain old interest in the vegan transition. I encourage and invite all information as I learn to adjust to and live this lifestyle. Remember, this is a learning experience for me too, so to my newbie vegans, you are not alone. Let’s grow together and learn from each other as we embrace this new path on our journey here in life.
The time for this lifestyle change is now. Remember to take baby steps towards your goal. If you are serious, start with something and just go from there. I know that getting started can be overwhelming in itself, just remember “mind over matter” and believe it! Isn’t the power of the mind amazing? We can do anything when we put our mind to it. This experience has given me and I hope it gives you a new, or shall I say a more meaningful appreciation to the expression “food gives me life”.
Cook Time: 15-20mins (prep included)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion; ½ cup diced, ½ cup sliced
- ½ cup Mixed Sweet Peppers
- ½ cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- ½ cup Chickpea Flour
- ½ cup Spring Water
- 2 tbsp Avocado or Grapeseed Oil
- 1-2 tsps. Onion Powder
- 1-2 tsps. Ginger
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1-2 tsps. Oregano
- Mix chickpea flour and water to make a batter.
- Season batter with 1/2 tsp. of each: oregano, ginger, onion powder, and sea salt. Mix, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and stir occasionally until aromatic (about 2mins).
- Add mushrooms to sliced onions, season with 1/2 tsp. of each: onion powder, ginger, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Add a pinch of salt.
- Lower the heat and cover. Simmer 3-5mins or until mushrooms have softened.
- Turn off heat and set mushroom mix aside.
- In a separate medium skillet, heat the remaining oil on medium heat.
- Add the diced onions stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add mixed peppers and remaining seasoning, stir, and let cook for 3-5 mins or until peppers are soft. Add water if needed to prevent burning.
- Stir batter then over it the peppers and onions and cook 3-5mins.
- Scramble the “eggs” and let them cook another minute or so if needed.
- Plate your easy “eggs”, and top them off with the sautéed mushroom and onion mix, followed by some diced tomatoes, and finished with a little diced avocado.
- Adjust seasoning and enjoy!
One thought on “Food, My BFF! -Easy “Eggs””